Industrial warehouse complex 150,000sq.ft (14,000 sqm)
- Land acquired by Jarvis in joint venture with St Michael's Capital
- Planning permission obtained by the joint venture partnership, Sovereign Park Developments Ltd
- The site was pre-funded by Alba Life PLC
- 7 buildings totalling 150,000 sq.ft
- Luton’s largest ever speculative warehouse development
- Architect: Charter Partnership
- Structural Engineer: Powell Tolner
- Quantity Surveyors: EC Harris
- Mechanical Consultants: Jarvis M&E Services
Key Project Facts
- Project Value: £13,000,000
- Contract: JCT 2005 Design & Build
This was a development of seven production and distribution buildings, totalling approximately 150,000 ft² (14,300m²), with an end value of £13 million. This represented at the time the largest speculative industrial development in the Luton area.
The site was purchased in conjunction with St Michael’s Capital Limited. Approximately 75,000 ft² was let within three months from practical completion in January 2001, with tenants including Wyndham Press PLC and Orange PLC.
The Jarvis Group constructed the scheme in a single phase, at a contract value of £5 million. The project was completed on programme and budget.
- Mike Peters
- 01582 711 789