Industrial Warehouse complex
- Land developed in joint venture with Dacorum Borough Council
- Planning permission obtained by Jarvis
- Speculatively developed
- Landscaped canal setting
- Architect: A4 design
- Structural engineer: Pinnacle Engineering Limited
- Mechanical consultant: Jarvis M&E Services
Key Project Facts
- Project value: £5,000,000
- Contract: JCT 98 Design and Build
This development is situated at the head of Northbridge Road Industrial Estate, adjacent to the Grand Union Canal in Berkhamsted. Jarvis Commercial developed the land in conjunction with Dacorum Borough Council, completing ten nursery industrial units in exchange for surplus land, which was developed to create three industrial warehouse buildings with a total area of approx 50,000 sq.ft.
The ten nursery units were let as starter units by Dacorum Borough Council, whilst the three main buildings were sold by Jarvis to owner occupiers. The buildings comprised a steel portal frame construction with brick and metal clad infill. Jarvis M&E designed and installed mechanical and electrical systems.